Sabado, Oktubre 22, 2016

Good things can also come in BIG PACKAGES



"I was never a little kid, but my mom always let me took all the vitamins and she always stuff my school bag with all the food stuffs, that's why I became this big."

This is how I always start my story when asked the dreadful question, "Why are you fat?" Believe me, I have already answered this question a lot of times-so much that I've memorized the answer.

I'm not totally blaming my mom that I became this big. I understand that she just don't want me to be sickly and all, being her eldest child, she became overprotective. So she took all the vitamins the drugstore can offer and never forget to remind me that it's already "eating time". So I developed this bad habit of overeating even though I'm already full and bloated, and my size continue to double.

So when I entered school in kindergarten it became obvious that I was bigger than kids my age. My kindergarten classmates started calling me baboy ,piggy, and bok. Even strangers would tease me and gave me names.

I became a loner because of all the teasing. I always distant myself out of the crowd to avoid creating attention and to avoid being a laughingstock in school again. One time, my parents had to talk to my teacher because I don't want to go to school anymore. They don't know that I was being bullied by my female classmates and they even reached the point that they locked me in the CR cubicle just to made fun of me.

So in high school I transferred school, to lessen the trauma I got from grade school. Still, I was the only plus-sized girl in class, but my classmates already respect me. They never made me feel like I was different. I created friends there and my barkada even encourage me to step up and lose some weight. Personally, I also wanted some changes in my lifestyle but I don't want to undergo in a 'crash diet' or to any fad diets that are popular nowadays because I wanted it slowly but surely. In the end, I realized that having issues with my body doesn't have to drag me down-It's a matter of realizing that for every fault found, there's something you can admire and I know that the people who love me will still think I am beautiful regardless of my size.

#LoveYourCurves #PlusSize #beautiful

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento